WHAT IS Society Registration?
The preamble of the Societies Registration Act,1860 states that it is an Act for the registration of literary, scientific, and charitable societies.
Whereas it is expedient the provision should be made for improving the legal condition or societies established for the promotion of literature, science, or fine arts, or for the diffusion of useful knowledge, the diffusion of political education, or for charitable purposes.
The Societies Registration Act 1860 is an all India Act but many States, while applying the act to themselves have enacted their own Societies Registration Act. Hence, a Society can be registered either under central Act or the respective State Act.
A society can be registered by minimum 7 individuals which may include foreigners, or registered society for the promotion of literature, science or fine arts or diffusion of useful knowledge and political education or charitable purposes.
- Easy formation as compared to the formation of other businesses
- Open membership to everybody
- Limited liability
- In cooperative society members are provided with better good and services at reasonable prices
- Decentralized and more likely to have lack of stability
- It sets norms and thus curbs individual freedom to grow
- Request letter to register a society under SR Act 1860.
- Two sets of MOA including list of proposed governing body and list of desire’s persons all signed by at least 7 members
- Two sets of rules and regulations framed for the functioning of the society
- Affidavits on Rs. 10 stamp paper from president /secretary society regarding the name/title of the society
- Copy of residence proof
- Copy of id proof
- No objection certificate from owner in case of rent
- A copy the report of the proceedings of the general meeting at which the registration of the society was resolved
Why Choose Us?
4 reasons why customers love us…
- Unbeatable Price
- Complete Service
- 5 ways to raise complains
- Dedicated Expert